New Tuning Letter Issue
We just sent Cheryl Watson’s Tuning Letter 2018 No. 2 to our publishers, all 153 pages of it. It should be available on our publications website by the end of next week. We wanted to let you know now, so that you will have an opportunity to chat to us, or to other interested attendees, if you have any questions and you are going to be at SHARE in St. Louis next week. The Tuning Letter has articles on the following topics:
- First and foremost, Welcome to our new colleague, Brenda White!
- What Is Happening With IBM’s Websites?
- User Experiences (COBOL Compiles, Benefiting from Sub-capacity models, IDCAMS REPRO performance issue, and an OAM security exit that consumes LOTS of CPU).
- Overview of IBM’s new baby z14 – the ZR1 CPC.
- Introduction to Transparent Cloud Tiering, by Glenn Wilcock.
- All you need to know to get zHyperWrite up and running, and why you would want to do so.
- Description of the new zHyperLinks and a discussion of how they can affect your mainframe and disaster recovery strategies.
- Plus all our usual sections about interesting APARs, new IBM Techdocs and Redbooks, blogs, and upcoming conference information.
We hope that our subscribers will enjoy this new issue. If you are going to be at SHARE, please let us know what you think, and what you would like to see in future issues.
Watson & Walker Descends on St. Louis
The summer 2018 SHARE conference kicks off in St. Louis, Missouri, on Sunday, August 12th. This conference is always one of the highlights of our year. And this one is going to be particularly special because 60% of Watson & Walker will be attending – Cheryl and Tom, Alan, Brenda, Mario, and Frank. How many other companies can say that over half their staff will be at SHARE?
Cheryl and/or I will be presenting a number of sessions:
- Tuesday 13:45, Room 231, Session 23716, Cheryl Watson’s Hard Truths on SW Pricing (this is our vendor session)
- Wednesday 16:30, Room 105, Session 23516, Container Pricing: The Answer to Your Accountant’s Wishes?
- Thursday 08:30, Room 104, Session 23286, Performance and Capacity Insights for your Outsourced z/OS Mainframe, co-presenting with Brent Philips and Charles Hinkle.
- Friday 10:00, Room 224, Session 23515, The Cheryl and Frank zRoadshow.
We also have a stand in the Expo area, beside the IBM and IntelliMagic stands. We hope that you will drop by, say hello, and meet with our team.